Land Area Fact Sheet
Business Development Area
The area currently under design for water and wastewater infrastructure includes the land between I-93 and the Merrimack River from Vaughn Road south to Hooksett.
The land is currently zoned Business Development (BD) District, General Industrial (I-2), and Commercial (C). Limited Residential (R) District land is within the potential area water and wastewater service area.
Land Area Based on 12-05 Analysis
- Business Development (BD) District: Gross 850 acres, net vacant 347 acres.
- Commercial (C): Gross 90 acres, net vacant 20 acres.
- General Industrial (I-2): Gross 805 acres, net vacant 275 acres.
- Total area of the BD, I-2, and included C districts is 1745 acres.
Core Water & Wastewater System Area
Core Water System includes:
- Connecting water mains in River Road, Dunklee Road, and NH Route 3-A
- Municipal Well (Lot 17-A, Block 5 behind 19 River Road)
- Treatment Works / Pump Station (Lot 19, Block 5 behind 29 River Road)
- Water Storage Tank (Lot 92 and 200 C, Block 2, 706 710 NH Route 3 A)
- Collection mains in NH 3-A (Johnson Road to Dunklee Road), Dunklee Road, and River Road (Dunklee Road to Vaughn Road)
- Hall Street Pump Station (Lot 85, Block 1 behind 520 Route 3-A)
- River Road 1 Pump Station (Lot 179-A-1, Block 2, 46 River Road)
- Transport mains in River Road, 3-A, Grandview Road, Old Hill Road, and Hall Street
Land Area Based on 4-07 Analysis
Core System Service Areas: Gross area totaling 733 acres.
- Gross area served by both water and wastewater = 520 acres.
- Gross area served by just water (most zoned R) = 28 acres.
- Gross area served by just wastewater* = 185 acres.
- * includes land abutting gravity transport main in Grandview, Old Hill, and 3-A
Vacant Land Area: 32 vacant parcels totaling 279 acres.
- Vacant area (27 parcels) served by both water and wastewater = 231 acres.
- Vacant area (2 parcels) served by just water (zoned R) = 17 acres.
- Vacant area (3 parcels) served by just wastewater = 31 acres.
- Eight parcels over 10 acres = 149 acres.
- Eight parcels between 5 and 10 acres = 55 acres.