Town Clerk & Tax Collector
From L to R :
Deputy Town Clerk/Tax Collector Barbara Hayes, Clerk Kate Ess, Town Clerk/Tax Collector Mridula Naik, Clerk Tammy Martin
Posted to ***Homepage Highlight***ROAD WORK INFORMATION on behalf of the Department of Public Works Department please note the following: On August 9, 2021 through August 13, 2021, multiple culverts on Page Road will be replaced between White Rock Hill Road and Birchdale Road Read on...
The mission of the Town Clerk/Tax Collector is to serve the citizens of Bow by providing accurate information and competent services in a timely and professional manner. Dedicated to building trust in Municipal government, all employees in this office adhere to exemplary standards that ensure equality of services to all customers utilizing knowledge, courtesy and respect. Everything we do is inspired by our mission. As a result, our objectives are to:
- Cultivate an environment that is both welcoming to our customers and maintains the public's trust and confidence through service and accountability.
- Utilize technology to the fullest extent possible to efficiently serve our customers and accurately account for revenue collected.
- Provide the training necessary for our employees to deliver knowledgeable, courteous service to our customers, co-workers and the many agencies we serve.
The Bow Town Clerk/Tax Collector's office is your doorway to local government. This office frequently serves as the central information point for both residents, other departments, state agencies, and the general public. In addition, the services provided by this office include:
- Preserving and maintaining the official public documents and records of the Town of Bow, including legislative record-keeping of all actions of Town Meeting;
- Conducting and preserving the integrity of elections;
- Administering oaths of office;
- Maintaining a fair and correct account in detail of the taxes (e.g. property, current use, yield, and excavation) that are due, collected and abated;
- Acting as a municipal agent for the NH Department of Safety - Division of Motor Vehicles;
- Issuing various sporting licenses for the NH Department of Fish and Game;
- Recording and preserving cemetery deeds;
- Issuing dog licenses and maintaining these records;
- Providing notarial services;
- Issuing and recording vital records for the NH Department of Vital Records; and,
- Meeting other regulatory requirements, as established by law.
Payment methods accepted for all transactions in the Bow Town Clerk/Tax Collector’s office:
ü Credit & Debit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express)*
*Please Note: A 2.79% convenience fee is added to each credit/debit card transaction, with a minimum $1.50 charge. These fees are non-refundable and are not collected by or paid to the town of Bow.